Saturday 21 January 2012

Apple sharlotka!

Today I've had quite a lazy day, mainly reading Midsummer Night's Dream (one of my favourite Shakespeare plays), because I'm seeing it in a few weeks time and need to recap! So, I decided to try out this recipe I saw on another blog for an apple sharlotka. This is a delicious Russian pudding with layered thin slices of apple covered in a batter and topped with ground cinnamon and powdered sugar. I adore any kind of cinnamon or nutmeg flavour, so applied this liberally and it was divine! The batter goes all crispy and is dee-lish!

I just got a nice surprise this evening when I realised I still smelt of my delicious Neal's Yard Geranium & Orange Body Lotion, which I had applied more than 8hrs ago! The smell is amazing and its only £5 for a 100ml bottle, available in most Neal's Yard stores across the UK. The lotion is described as uplifting, nourishing, and it contains vitamin-rich pumpkin seed oil to leave your skin velvety soft!


Kisses,
The Polished Pixie
xoxo 

5 comments:

  1. I have the soap alternative..sooo good :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's one of my favorite products of theirs!

      Delete
  2. that pie looks yummy!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I followed you.
    As for the Unii Palette, it is available in the UK through uniicosmetics.co.uk :)

    ReplyDelete