Saturday 28 January 2012

Gilly Hicks, H&M, Topshop and Beauty Base haul!

Today I went to the Westfield in Shepherd's Bush (for the first time in FOREVER!), and was really pleased with all the things I bought. Firstly, I got the softest, fluffiest pair of white slipper boots with a bow on the side from Topshop for only £5 in the last dregs of the sale - bargain!


I can honestly say I'll wear these every day! I decided to get a size bigger than I normally am so they'd be all slouchy (i.e. comfortable).
 Next, we went to H & M, where I saw my next steal - a pair of aviators for £4.99. I've had my EYE (glasses joke...sorry that was actually not funny at all) on these for a while but was reluctant to buy sunglasses in January... In the end I decided I didn't want to leave the store without them!


I realised a while ago that I am obsessed with anything vaguely rose gold; I subconsciously pick up anything that's slightly pinky-gold! 
 Anyway, then we went in to Beauty Base, which (for those of you that don't know) is a cheap beauty products store - it has fragrances, nail polish, makeup etc. Their nail polish range is so unbelievably cheap for the quality, so I picked up 3 different shades instead of the 7 I originally picked up - my friend Lucy restrained me!

Across from left: Twilight, Lovely, Tropical Storm
 The brand is called LA colors, and the 2 color craze polishes were each 99p, with the Nail Lacquer range one coming in at £1.99 (still incredibly cheap). A full review of the Tropical Storm colour will be coming your way very shortly! I was really happy with these three purchases, as I've been wanting a few metallic shades for a while now, as well as a deep nude-peach colour.
Whilst I was in Beauty Base, I fell in LOVE with this perfume:

This scent is literally made for me! The packaging is so simple and elegant, the name is perfect as I am such a hopeless romantic, and not to mention the divine fragrance! The Ralph Lauren website describes it as "The women's fragrance that evokes the timeless essence of falling in love. Discover the sensual essence of velvety woods, extravagant florals and seductive musk". The retail price is around £44, however if you go to www.theperfumeshop.com then it is available for £35. This is definitely going on my "scents-to-get" list.
 Finally we arrived at Gilly Hicks, a fairly new sister brand of Abercrombie and Hollister. I would say the obvious difference is that currently the store is a lot more feminine than the previously mentioned. I got some underwear (which I won't be posting!), but this bag is just too cute:



They come out with a new bag each season, and I'm currently collecting because the designs are gorgeous!


Kisses,
The Polished Pixie
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment