Sunday 15 January 2012

Maybelline Eyestudio Mono

On Thursday I went to my local supermarket with my two best friends to rifle through the bargain buckets and pick up my soya-spiced-vanilla-latte-with-no-whipped-cream, which is officially my favourite January drink! I managed to snag the last Maybelline eyeshadow in shade 720 - Iced Fudge (or Marron Glacé, which I think is a MUCH better name). I fell in love with this shimmery rose-silver shade as soon as I saw it, and was very pleased with the low price of £4.09 I payed for it! As you can see below, the packaging is quite basic, which I like, because it's sort of a "classic" Maybelline product. It also comes with a regular foam eyeshadow applicator, which I probably could've done without, considering I own a good quality eyeshadow brush which I find much easier to use, aswell as giving a far more satisfactory finish. 


                                           

I was super excited to try this out, so the next morning I applied it, and unfortunately it was one of those cases where the colour looks gorgeous in the packaging, yet once you put it on, it disappoints you. The colour was far more sheer than I would have expected, and I had to use more than one layer for the shadow to achieve what I had hoped it would with just the one coat. 
The colour also came out differently to how it looked in the packet, with less strong hints of silver and more a taupe-pink kind of colour.



However, the product did last a long time, especially considering I hadn't applied primer underneath! The shade was definitely still gorgeous, just a different one to what I expected. I would recommend this product to anyone wanting an everyday shade that isn't too boring, because this is still on the daring side, yet not so bold that it'll dazzle people. It is a very handy package to carry around with you, although seeing as it has a clear lid, you would have to keep a mirror handy! This product is available from local supermarkets in the UK - such as ASDA, Sainsburys, Waitrose and Boots - with prices ranging between £4.06-£4.09.
For a drugstore brand like Maybelline, I would say you're definitely getting value for money if you buy this product, and I would rate it a 3.5/5
-Kisses
The Polished Pixie
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Such a nice shade. Reminds me of Urban Decay's Midnight Rodeo.

    Thanks for the comment on my blog. Followed you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks very similar to the UD one. Thank you for the comment lovely! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. it really does, and pleasure!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete