Tuesday 17 January 2012

Christmas exchange!

Yesterday my two best friends and I did our very belated Christmas exchange! I got THE MOST lovely gifts which I will treasure forever  
Firstly I opened my presents from Hannah (ditziedoll.blogspot.com), and they were:


The most gorgeous pair of Jack Wills gloves! These are super cosy and leave your fingers free to blog too, which obviously is a necessity.




Annnnndddd a gorgeous eyeshadow palette from Revlon. 




This is a Revlon colourstay 12hr palette in Blushed Wines. All of these colours are totally versatile and are genuinely ones I would wear everyday!






You get given 4 colours in the palette; A deep, chocolate brown with hints of maroon, a taupe colour, a pinky-brown shade with silver shimmer, and a pale pink shimmery colour. 







These colours all gave a perfect shade without more than one application! I definitely will be using these everyday.


Finally, a lip stain & balm. I've had my eye on one of these for a while now, and was super  excited to try it out as soon as I got home!









This particular shade was "Just Bitten", and I immediately put some on. Here's the immediate effect!









The effect was DIVINE, and the balm is a great feature as it totally nourishes your lips, whereas some tints tend to leave your lips feeling dry.


So, moving on to my presents from Bex: I got a vintage 1960s handbag and some lovely Uniqlo leggings patterned with fair isle.





The handbag is absolutely perfect, it totally reminds me of something Audrey Hepburn would carry (my main inspiration), and I adore it!








The inside is very spacious and just the right size for me. This made my Dad reminisce about when he was growing up, and his mum used to carry one exactly like this around with her all the time! He keeps doing a double take whenever he sees it.





I was actually there when Bex bought me these, but I told her she wasn't to give them to me until I'd bought her present! They look like they'd be super warm and perfect for these gloomy January days...

Thanks so much for my brilliant presents you guys, love you to the moon!




Kisses,
The Polished Pixie
xoxo






2 comments: