Saturday 28 January 2012

LA colors - Tropical Storm nail polish review

For 99p, it is totally worth taking a chance on this polish. Luckily, my instincts were right, and this is perfect! I had used LA colors before and was surprised by how good the outcome was, because cheap polishes normally aren't up to scratch. However, I have almost no qualms with this product. The packaging was fairly standard, not particularly exciting, with a similar resemblance to the OPI products - and the quality was just as good.

 Tropical Storm is mainly a deep gunmetal/chrome grey metallic colour, with a little shimmer and a streak of green added in the mix. With just one coat, the polish glided on excellently, wasn't watery or thin and definitely didn't take long to dry! After about 5 mins my nails were touchably dry and the finish was gorgeous. 


From a distance the colour looks quite ordinary, but up close the effect has hues of green-blue in it! The brush was really great, and I was able to apply the product in 1-2 strokes! However, the lid is a slightly inconvenient shape and I felt I was struggling to grip it (as with OPI). 

I

 I would really recommend popping to Beauty Base and having your own polish spree, as they have a gigantic range of colours, it was difficult to leave with just three...
Despite one teensy and insignificant flaw, this product is amazing - I give it a 4.5/5!

Kisses, 
The Polished Pixie
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. That colour's beautiful :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I love it :) and for 99p you can't really go wrong!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete